We’re looking for an Analyst to join Passion
Malin, Eileen and Robert are looking to add a passionate and proactive analyst to expand our reach and evaluation power. We want to keep being the first investors in the next Butternut Box or Monzo Bank. You will be technically strong and have an inquisitive mind. This is an opportunity to take ownership and make a meaningful impact.
Who we are
Passion Capital is one of Europe's leading early stage VC funds, based in London. Operating since 2011, we were one of the first dedicated early stage funds in Europe with an emphasis on being founder-friendly, transparent and focused on diversity and inclusion. We’ve selectively backed 25-40 companies in each principal fund, in addition to Monzo Bank and Lendable and look to partner with the most compelling founders. We invest in all sub-sectors of digital technology in the UK and across Europe. Our office is in Clerkenwell, but some of us are working remotely for the time being. We can’t say exactly what the future will hold, but we expect to keep a flexible approach to work. That said, you do need to have the right to work in the UK.
What the job is about
We’re a small team and everyone is quick to lend a helping hand across everything - investing and operations alike. However main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage dealflow: This will be a combination of proactive sourcing and review of incoming leads, as well as staying on top of the overall communication process to ensure a smooth and productive experience for all parties involved;
- Assess investment opportunities: Research opportunities, communicate with founders, evaluate new products & services and conduct due diligence; and
- Support the partners on special projects: Examples include running independent research, internal projects, fund raising or providing services to our portfolio of companies.
What a good fit could look like
We’re in the business of investing in people who are building world class technology companies from scratch, so we know that a strong candidate can come from anywhere, but to narrow things down a bit, these are potential traits that could make for a good fit:
- You’re passionate about technology, entrepreneurship, people and the ways founders can have a positive impact on the future. This can be demonstrated in various ways: perhaps you’ve worked in a tech startup, side hustled during or instead of university and built your own digital product, or you might aspire to start a company one day and view this as an opportunity to gain investment side experience. You’ll probably have 2-3 years of working experience.
- Equally, we want to encourage the most diverse set of applicants as possible to apply. So if you haven’t had the chance to do an internship in an investment firm or worked in a tech startup that’s fine too.
- Importantly you have a strong interest in and knowledge of digital technology and are active and discerning on social media.
- As evaluation of technology deals is core to the job we are looking for an individual who is technical, analytical, strong with numbers (and excel), curious and loves investigative work.
- You take super strong ownership. It also helps to be structured, proactive and able to prioritise. All in all great at getting things done!
- The cultural bit is incredibly important to us too and you will thrive in our team if you come with an abundance of positive energy, treat others with respect and can’t wait to contribute to our team spirit.
What Passion Capital is about
As our name suggests we have a passion for the tech startup ecosystem, paying it forward and expanding access and inclusivity. We partner as peers with the founders we back and don’t shy away from hard work to achieve success for our teams. We believe that we have a responsibility to bring about innovation in the VC industry and examples of how we’ve productised this include our Plain English Term Sheet, publishing our investment documents, performance infographics, being the first UK VC to launch a co-working space, steering away from Mayfair and basing our own office where startups were located and opening up our third fund to retail investors on the crowdfunding platform Seedrs - things that have created a new VC market standard.
How to apply
If this sounds like you please apply to email@example.com with 'VC Analyst' in the subject line.
- Attach your CV
- Feel free to add anything else you feel is relevant to your fit for this position