This summer, we’re looking for a Summer Investment Associate to join our investment team. At Lerer Hippeau, we’re an inclusive and flat organization. Our Summer Investment Associate program is an invaluable opportunity to gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including sourcing, investment analysis, partner meetings, deal execution, and portfolio support. All candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for technology and startups.
Our Summer Investment Associate will lead special projects for the partnership and support the existing portfolio. As of now, the internship will be remote.
This summer you will:
- Complete one or more sector-specific deep dives and help map out interesting investment opportunities
- Assist the investment team with market and competitive landscape research
- Participate in virtual networking events to expand network with tech community
- Develop benchmarking processes and initiatives that support LH portfolio operations
- Work on ad hoc portfolio company projects
- Write one (or more) Medium posts sharing high-level insights from work and/or research completed over the course of the internship
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program (MBA preferred) with at least 2 years of full-time, post-college work experience
- Demonstrated interest in startups and technology
- Domain experience or interest in emerging tech, enterprise software, crypto is a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and expertise in Excel
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Baseline knowledge of the New York tech ecosystem and familiarity with venture capital
If you’d like to apply to the Summer Investment Associate position, please fill out our application here. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will follow up directly if your background and experience make you a fit.