It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Our message and our product resonate deeply with customers. In June 2020 alone we saw more than 40M unique monthly transacting users in the US. We’re consistently a top 10 app overall, have held the number one finance spot in the US App Store for the past three years, and are a top 10 finance app in the UK.
As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you will have the unique opportunity to scale our engineering teams in Europe. You will be responsible for building strategies to engage and foster relationships with world-class talent within the software engineering communities as well as owning exciting recruitment initiatives to accelerate us even further.
- Effectively partner with the hiring managers and the leadership team to understand their talent needs and build hiring strategies
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Source active and passive candidates from a variety of sources and communities: online and internal databases, employee referrals, events, networking, and research
- Be a consultative advisor to the business, leading strategic discussions to build teams holistically
- Contribute to strategic programs that will help us build European teams
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience for an innovative and scaling organization
- Experience supporting a variety of software engineering, data science, and machine learning roles
- Ability to build rapport and establish trust with individuals in a highly competitive market
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex problems while collaborating with business partners to achieve a common goal
- Ability to thrive in a data and metrics-driven environment
- Consultative communication skills while working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- A positive and team oriented approach to your work
Let’s redefine the future of your career, together
At Cash App, we’re reimagining how the world interacts with money because we believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to participate in the global economy. Our purpose of economic empowerment is what drives us, but our mission to make money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible is what unites us. We’re out to break the mold of what a financial brand can and should be. Why not take the same approach to your career? If you’re excited for what’s in store, then let’s redefine the future of your career, together.
How we build a great culture
Community & Inclusion:
We’re building an inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and grow—hopefully, somewhere they want to spend their entire careers. To us, Inclusion & Diversity as an initiative is more than just hiring people from different backgrounds; it’s about making sure everyone has the tools they need to grow and succeed. Our I+D team supports our 14 employee-led employee-founded Global communities and creates programming and resources to support building inclusive and diverse teams.
Think like an owner:
DRI (Directly Responsible Individual) is a term that you’ll hear thrown around a lot at Cash App. We encourage everyone to think like an owner. When we take accountability for our work, we build trust with each other and our teams to continue iterating and innovating.
Commitment to purpose:
At Cash App, our team is committed to our purpose of economic empowerment and each person can see how their work connects to our mission and purpose. When we each genuinely care about the work that we’re doing and how it impacts our customers, we’re able to generate the most innovative and impactful ideas.
Feedback isn’t a scary word at Cash App. In fact, we welcome it because we know that it’s integral to our growth. Our system is built so that feedback is shared from all directions. Doing so makes sure that there are never any surprises and that everyone has a clear understanding
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.