We are looking for a (Senior) Equity Research Analyst - Crypto (m/f/d) to join our crypto team in Berlin or remotely.
From Day 1, you will combine your deep understanding of cryptonetworks with BIT Capital’s resources, including expert networks, alternative datasets and proprietary research tools, to help us deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors.
You will be responsible for the coverage of companies operating in the wider crypto industry and your work will directly influence portfolio management decisions at the funds. Additionally, you may help us analyze early stage opportunities and trends in crypto through sector-specific data.
You should be immensely passionate about crypto, comfortable with entrepreneurial work environments and looking to rapidly accelerate your career in investing and crypto.
- You conduct bottom-up fundamental research in innovative crypto-focused companies worldwide, including but not exclusive to miners, trading platforms and other enablers of the crypto economy
- You are responsible for idea generation, news coverage and data monitoring in the sector, proactively identifying and calling out opportunities for alpha generation
- You perform financial modelling and valuation, using all available data sources to better understand and forecast company and cryptonetwork KPIs
- You identify and evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- You cultivate relationships with key sector experts and management teams, and participate in major conferences and events
- You make BIT Capital’s alternative data & quantitative capabilities an integral part of your research process
- You help us build quantitative strategies to gain an edge in crypto markets
- You leverage your understanding of crypto market structure to optimize trade execution
- Occasionally, you may support the preparation of performance reports and participate in calls with existing and prospective fund investors
- Strong academic track record in any field - an advanced degree would be a plus but is not mandatory
- 1-4 years of experience in fundamental equity research with a focus on technology and/or financial services. Strong quantitative and financial modelling skills
- Industry knowledge and extensive network in the crypto ecosystem
- You know your way around Crypto Twitter and are able to navigate contracts on Etherscan and Dune Analytics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German preferable but not required; additional languages are an asset)
- Optional: Data engineering skills for data extraction and analysis
- You are passionate about investing, crypto and business strategy
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture
- You keep an open adaptive mind and are keen to adjust hypotheses in a continuously changing market environment
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors
- You are in it for the long term and can relate to the BIT Capital Vision
- Work with the brightest minds of the industry
- An experienced, diverse team with professional colleagues and strong experts for an inspiring network
- Challenging, varied tasks for a steep learning curve
- Individual development opportunities and a transparent, appreciative feedback culture for your personal development
- Joint events for a successful team that brings together the digital and finance worlds
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV and a write-up with an actionable stock idea in a company with activities in the blockchain and crypto sector. You can produce the write-up as part of this application or refer us to a previously published investment write-up (under your previous employer or in investor networks s.a. SeekingAlpha, SumZero or Messari). We look forward to meeting you!
BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy.
Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of 10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking.