Nexa is a private equity firm that partners with founder-led, rapidly scaling SaaS and fintech companies in the lower middle market. Nexa partners with market leaders and supplements organic growth with strategic M&A. The firm was founded by investors and operators who worked together previously at Insight Partners, having helped over 60 companies grow into category leaders. Nexa has more than $200 million in private equity capital under management and is focused on continuing to grow its portfolio of companies at a fast pace, having invested in three platform companies in 2021.
Role / Responsibilities
The role is a unique opportunity for a motivated self-starter to join an entrepreneurial firm in its early stages and help drive its trajectory. This role is most focused on execution, but Associates will learn all aspects of the business and be an invaluable part of the Nexa team, working across the full deal lifecycle (sourcing, deal execution, portfolio work). This position is a career track role, where there would be significant opportunity for growth of responsibilities over time.
- Find great companies - Nexa is only as good as the companies it partners with. Every member of the Nexa team works hard to uncover the next great technology company.
- Develop investment theses - Nexa leverages a thematic approach to investing. Associates will be expected to identify interesting markets and develop theses to guide sourcing activities.
- Execute deals - Once the company is identified, Associates will be the primary driver of diligence, managing the analysis and modeling.
- Support portfolio companies – Associates will work with the Nexa team to support portfolio companies both operationally and through add-on M&A.
- Support internal and fund initiatives - Nexa is a fast-growing firm so every team member gets a chance to work on internal projects including fundraising, fund analytics, and much more
- Passion for investing in technology companies
- Excel proficiency
- Strong EQ, we work directly with founders in a partnership model, so strong EQ is a must
- 1-3 years of experience in a relevant field (investment banking, private equity, venture capital)
- Excited to be joining a growing team based in San Francisco