6th Man Ventures is a thesis driven Web3 Fund investing in the most tenacious and disruptive founders across the global crypto and blockchain landscape. 6th Man was founded by Mike Dudas (founder of The Block, LinksDao and co-founder of Button) and Serge Kassardjian (co-founder of StayTuned), and our brand stems from the concept of basketball, where we believe every legendary team has a strong 6th Man to help off the bench. We are building a world-class team to support a portfolio of 60+ projects, protocols & companies and growth of the broader crypto ecosystem.
As we invest out of our second Fund, we’re looking to add our first research associate to the team – someone capable of identifying, researching / evaluating, and contributing to the technical projects and protocols that will influence the crypto economy. You will also be responsible for publishing original work on new protocols and evaluating the technical feasibility of certain investment opportunities; both new investments as well as existing governance and portfolio decisions.
This role is ideal for someone with a technical background that wants to be both a thought leader who publishes powerful research that drives the direction of Web 3 as well as a practitioner who puts that research to work throughout our portfolio.
You will spend time externally in the crypto community representing 6th Man at the most important events, and internally advising portfolio companies on complex and highly technical decisions. As a member of the research team, you will have the opportunity to gain unparalleled exposure to inspiring entrepreneurs and technologists while shaping the future of the ecosystem.
We are looking for someone who is able to start immediately and are flexible on location, though your working hours should overlap at least 50% with New York.
Strong technical skills, writing / communication, curiosity and critical thinking are by far the most important attributes for team members in this position. We don't over index on resumes or accolades. We seek candidates that have a technical foundation, meaningful understanding of the blockchain ecosystem and enthusiasm for its growth.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities and proposals from existing portfolio companies
- Assist in and publishing original research for both internal and external consumption
- Explore and evaluate cutting-edge technical projects
- Advise portfolio companies on technical and product matters
- Serve as the public face of 6th Man in highly technical environments, such as developer conferences
- Analyze token investment and utilization opportunities to maximize fund returns
- Act as an educational resource for the investment team
Qualifications & Capabilities:
- Foundational knowledge of math and/or computer science, such that you can influence world-class engineering teams as a peer
- Detailed understanding of ongoing crypto projects, and ideally deep network of high value relationships within the community
- High degree of agency
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Demonstrable history of being proactive within prior roles
- Comfort working independently in a remote environment to define OKRs and KPIs, and drive successful relationships with and for portfolio companies
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally for community engagement, developer summits, presentations, meetings and conferences