OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is founded by Keith Rabois, Jack Abraham, Michael Rubenstein, Matt Lanter and Jeremy Wood who bring a successful track record and expertise.
We are seeking a product designer for our Merchant Experience team.
The Problem Space
Founders who start their own e-commerce business don’t have many options to exit when it’s time to move on. They’re too small for private equity or venture capital, and finding a buyer for their business is stressful and expensive. Finding a buyer can take 6+ months of negotiation; even if you do find one, you pay expensive broker fees (up to 10% of your business!) and go through months of diligence. Many times, the only option an entrepreneur has is to wind down the business that they’ve poured their heart, time, and energy into.
OpenStore is a new way to sell your business with just a few clicks. By automating the pricing process and leveraging our expertise in data science, we’re able to give business owners an offer within one day and close in as little as one week. We’re the best way for business owners to get the money and freedom to move onto what’s next – whether that’s a new idea or a well deserved break. More founders will be able to get access to a life-changing pay out, more easily and quickly than ever.
The Team’s Mission
Selling your business to OpenStore is a monumental and emotional culmination of years and years of work. We want to deliver a world-class experience that demonstrates the respect and admiration we have for our merchants. We’re a highly collaborative and passionate pod of engineers and designers who are constantly learning, iterating, and shipping new improvements, features and products. Join us in our mission to democratize the American dream and empower the flywheel of entrepreneurship. This is a unique opportunity to come in at the ground level and define a world-class experience in an ambiguous space.
Who You Are
- You believe in the mission. You’re an enthusiastic advocate for merchants and small business owners. You understand how OpenStore adds value and love what we’re doing.
- You’re naturally collaborative in your approach. The idea of diving into ambiguous problems together, discussing ideas, and driving outcomes is energizing.
- You’re growth-minded. You focus on high impact work, iterate quickly, and value fast feedback loops with your customers. You proactively look for areas of opportunity and champion good ideas, no matter where they come from.
- You love to build and ship. You understand that pixels don’t just live in Figma, but are used by real people and solve real needs. You work closely with your PM and Engineering peers to understand pragmatic tradeoffs and ship a meaningful product.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. We’re growing and learning rapidly – that speed excites you and you’re comfortable with the flexibility that requires.
- You raise the bar. Your craftsmanship, attention to detail, and high-quality output enables the team to produce their best work.
What You'll Do
- You’ll shape the product. You’ll design end-to-end experiences and partner closely with engineers as they build and ship it.
- You’ll have a direct impact on business. You’ll be actively involved in identifying the biggest areas of opportunity and executing on that vision.
- You’ll define the design team’s culture. As the 2nd hire on the design team, you’ll help define our function’s role on the product team and in the company.
- You’ll experience career growth and personal development. We’ll invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is and will always be one of your best professional experiences.
What You Have
- 5-7 years of experience designing, building and shipping end-to-end products
- Strong visual design and product thinking
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate design work to cross-functional teams
- Bonus: You’ve been a part of a Growth org and have designed acquisition/onboarding flows. You have experience contributing to a design system.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.