Night Ventures is a new brand of venture capital. Our LPs are many of the top creators in the world across YouTube, TikTok, Twitch and elsewhere. Together, we specialize in influence - understanding what's popular, what's trending and how to acquire more customers/fans of your product. We invest in the best teams in consumer, fintech, SaaS, crypto and health - any company where customer acquisition is the gating factor. Our team is small, scrappy and fun. We’re based in Austin, TX but you can join us from anywhere.
We are hiring a venture Associate to work alongside our 3 General Partners. You will be an integral part of the team and be exposed to and involved in all aspects of the fund. We are looking for someone to join our team for a 2 year commitment as part of a Partner-track role. Your job will be to:
- Review pitches, meet with companies, conduct research and evaluate products
- Conduct due diligence (e.g. market analysis, competitive mapping, and financials)
- Source new deals
- Perform market research and identify areas of opportunity
- Participate in Investment Committee meetings as we discuss new and existing deals
- Develop relationships with Night portfolio companies and become and integral part of our value added services
- Work with the GPs to provide ongoing portfolio company support
- Demonstrate strong interest in the digital consumer and B2B software space with the ability to identify and evaluate opportunities in the space
- 2+ years of experience at top technology, investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy, or venture capital firms
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Outstanding network in early stage
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good taste
Below are some of the qualities we are looking for:
- Happy, Hungry and Humble: Your friends, family and colleagues would describe you as gregarious, eager to experience the world, optimistic, pleasant to be around, flexible, helpful/always looking to assist those around you, determined to succeed but not at the cost of doing the right thing or treating people well
- Dynamic and Full of Hustle: You always think like an “owner”. You spring to action and are not afraid to get your hands dirty. When facing obstacles, you find ways around them to get results for your team.
- Intellectually Curious and Critical Thinker: You love learning new things and going deep on new topics / disciplines. You frequently question the status quo. You exhibit a relentless willingness to pursue the truth.
- Passion for Creativity, Technology, and Startups: You likely started coming up with business ideas in high school and may have founded a company early in your career. When you hear about new technology companies, you are filled with enthusiasm for what could be. Many of the people you surround yourself with are people who work in tech, research, innovation, or are creatives.
- Independent and Self-starter: While you’ve worked well in teams and thrive on a collective mission, you understand that to move fast you often have to move alone. You don’t need frequent positive reinforcement but you appreciate feedback and transparency as a means to self-improvement. This is also demonstrated by your strong opinions that are well informed and have a strong ability defending those opinions.
- Community Builder: You thrive in group settings and always want to contribute to the community. You’ve likely built a community in the past (at school, via volunteering for a charity or some other social setting).