To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Reports to: Managing Partner
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Overture is an early stage venture fund that invests in visionary founders working to transition the global economy to a sustainable, decarbonized future. We invest in startups that can generate venture-scale returns and we win those deals by helping founders navigate government and regulatory complexity. We extend our companies this edge through our partnership with Boundary Stone Partners, who buttress our founders with deep government and regulatory understanding. We are the only early-stage venture fund extending this expertise. This job is an opportunity to work closely with some of the most exciting founders in climate, invest alongside the best-performing venture capital firms in climate, and help shape federal and local climate policy alongside the best climate-focused government strategy firm in Washington, DC.
The Overture team has a high-octane blend of government experience, entrepreneurial success, and proven investment track-record. In government, we have worked as senior political appointees in the White House and the U.S. Department of Energy, as have our co-founders at Boundary Stone Partners. As entrepreneurs, we have personally founded technology startups with over $1 billion in cumulative exits. As individual investors, we have used our strategy to personally invest in some of the fastest growing startups in climate.
About Overture Investor Role
Overture is hiring an Investor, the first non-partner investment team member at the fund.
The investor will:
- Source and evaluate early stage startups including conducting market sizing, technology demos, competitive landscape analyses, modeling, and reference calls
- Conduct market research on trends and companies and develop investment theses
- Create presentation materials and write investment memos
- Track portfolio performance and assist with follow-on investment process & recommendations
- Represent Overture at climate conferences and build relationships to early-stage founders and co-investors
- Support investor relations with presentations, written updates, and meetings
- Analytical mindset; experience in synthesizing large amounts of information to find signal from noise and create models that forecast outcomes
- 4+ years of full-time experience with exposure to investing, at a VC firm or leading energy or climate focused investment bank, or a top-tier management consulting firm with exposure to VC/Tech
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, and a genuine interest for climate technology and innovation
- High level of maturity and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Excellent ability and willingness to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
- An established network in the climate technology ecosystem is a plus
We have a strong preference for candidates in Los Angeles, CA. Remote candidates will also be considered.
Competitive pay will be offered and competitive benefits will be provided including medical, dental, and vision plans and flexible time off.
Overture is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports and respects all individuals. We embrace diversity and are building an organization where everyone can flourish.