About Redbud Brands
Redbud Brands is a holding company platform that brings people, ideas, and capital together to create and scale disruptive consumer brands. We both create companies from scratch and invest in growth-stage CPG brands to be repositioned. Our expertise covers multiple industries including Consumer Products, Food & Beverage, Alcohol, Beauty, Cannabis and Technology. The Principals at Redbud Brands have built and exited numerous high profile consumer brands, including SkinnyPop Popcorn, Urban Decay, Waterloo Sparkling Water, and Sweet Leaf Tea, and are active investors across the consumer and technology eco-system.
We are looking for an Investment Associate to join the Finance vertical of our rapidly growing holding company. Ideal candidates will have an interest in venture capital / growth-stage investing, specifically in emerging consumer brands in the food & beverage, health & wellness, beauty & personal care, pet, digital, and cannabis sectors. The role will involve all aspects of investment evaluation, diligence, execution, and post-close management. The Investment Associate will play an integral role in establishing the foundation of Redbud's investment analysis and syndication team, and high performers will have ample opportunity for advancement as we continue to grow.
- Deal evaluation, including preliminary opportunity and market due diligence, and analysis of company-provided information
- Financial projections modeling and investment returns analysis
- Investment memo preparation, including evaluation of deal risks and merits and construction of an investment thesis
- Leading role in transaction execution, including negotiation of key deal points
- Post-close portfolio company management
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of investment/deal experience in the consumer sector within investment banking, VC/PE, and/or industry roles, with exposure to all phases of the transaction lifecycle
- MBA strongly desired
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills