- Grade: MID-LEVEL/JUNIOR
- Salary: £40,000-65,000, including benefits
- Location: London, flexible & hybrid working available
- Closing: 5:00pm, 31st Jan 2022 GMT
- Role posted - 8:25am, 23rd Dec 2021 GMT
About Love Ventures
Love Ventures is a leading early stage venture capital firm. We're growing fast and in the words of one of our portfolio companies are one of the top emerging venture capital houses in Europe.
Founded in 2020 by brothers Adrian and Marcus Love, we invest across the FinTech, PropTech and ConsumerTech sectors. Some of our investments to date include Aprao, Banked, Coconut, CIRCA5000, Just Move In, Movewise, SO-SURE and Tymit.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team with big ambitions at an early stage. Applications close on 31st January 2022 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About you and the role
As the first hire into the Love Ventures investment team, you will have real responsibility from the start. You'll be a key participant in the investment process, working on pipeline management, investment analysis and supporting our portfolio companies. You’ll also be involved in ongoing founder mentoring, participating in community activities and engaging with our portfolio companies. Your closest relationship will be with the co-founders who will rely on you heavily for due diligence with an array of exciting projects as we grow. You'll also work closely with our Scouts Network and Venture Partners to assess incoming pitches, along with developing innovative and proactive ways to find your own investment ideas to pitch to the Investment Committee.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll do:
- Pipeline Management: evaluating investment eligibility according to our investment criteria; participating in events and nurturing relationships within the startup and venture ecosystem.
- Investment Management: preparing overviews on new investments, collaborating with the team when evaluating opportunities and building investment theses; managing the internal investment process (e.g. document tracking, administration and governance); assisting with investment execution (e.g. market analysis and financial modelling, product testing, due diligence) and finalising investment documentation.
- Portfolio Management: acting as a point of contact for portfolio companies and assisting their growth; identifying and reporting portfolio company issues to the co-founders; providing ongoing mentoring to founders and startups.
- Fund Administration: assisting partners with periodic compliance, fund administration and reporting processes, as well as compiling periodic investor updates and reporting.
- Network and Ecosystem: attending and hosting events to boost the Love Ventures brand and network; contributing to our external communications (e.g. website, social media).
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about early-stage companies, disruptive technology, investment and the venture ecosystem.
- Fascinated by particular markets and mega-trends within the FinTech, PropTech and ConsumerTech segments.
- Happy to ask probing questions and to solve complex problems systematically.
- Have strong financial modelling and financial literacy skills, and enjoy identifying insight through analysis.
- Curious, highly motivated and a self-starter that relishes a fast-paced team environment.
You'll benefit from the following:
- Flexible working;
- 25 days' paid holiday (+ public holidays);
- Medical, dental & travel insurance;
- Workplace pension;
- Cycle to Work scheme;
- Extensive upskilling and training opportunities;
- A nurturing and supportive work environment.
To get started, click on the yellow button on the top right.
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. Your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step where you'll be invited to an interview to meet members of the team. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end of the application process, we'll share how well you performed through a personalised feedback link.
Expected duration of this application process: 2-4 weeks.
We are an equal opportunities employer
At Love Ventures, we are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.