P00LS is the first financial market for the creator economy running on Ethereum. Using 1) social tokens to put a $ value on influence and 2) decentralized finance to generate economic activity and fees from these tokens, we allow creators to monetize in a healthy, scalable and sustainable way their influence. By creating a financial market on influence, we allow investors to bet and invest on their favorite creators, sharing the value of their work and allowing their ideas to have an economic reality.
More on P00LS here
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, collaboration-orientated, Game Designer to join our remote team, building the world's first games powered by creator tokens. As a Game Designer, you will have responsibility and accountability for the design, implementation, user testing and delivery of the systems and design architecture of the game.
You are an expert in multiple areas of game design and in applying UX principles to game design. You can act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
In this role, you will be:
- Working with our Founding team to come up with an ambitious product vision for the games.
- Collaborating closely with our design team to help facilitate wireframes and specify art requirements.
- Working with the development team to translate that vision into highly engaging and highly performing features.
- Proactively identifying and addressing problems and opportunities in the design of the game.
- Maintaining the highest possible levels of design quality, while respecting technical limitations and performance targets.
- Documenting, communicating, and gathering internal feedback on the game features and systems throughout the development process.
- Creating task breakdowns to assist with scheduling.
- Tracking and reporting key risks to your producer.
- Working in a humble and open manner, with a willingness to both teach and learn from your colleagues.
- Staying up to date with industry techniques, standards and workflows, with awareness of current & upcoming game titles & technology.
- Staying up to date on the mobile market, playtesting and analysing mobile games, and sharing insights with the team.
You should have:
- Deep understanding of free-to-play economies and meta games
- Strong, proven, game design experience in the free-to-play industry
- Strong analytical and system design skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with UX design
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and documentation skills
- Confidence and experience to self-manage and self-motivate
- Experience leading and mentoring game and design teams
- Experience concepting and creating a game and/or features from first ideas
Candidates must have extensive senior-level experience creating mobile, desktop, and/or video-games. Working in mobile games (or other platforms with limited hardware capabilities such as VR or handhelds) provides a unique environment in which high ambitions meet tight constraints. We are looking for a game maker who is not only comfortable with technical constraints, but also loves the challenge of overcoming those constraints.