Localize is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our fast-growing 100% remote team.
As a Localize engineer, you’ll be responsible for implementing new functionality within Localize’s core product. On the frontend, you’ll work on our React/Redux/Backbone SPA, and on the backend, you’ll build RESTful APIs in Node/Express/MongoDB.
As a key member of our remote engineering team, you’ll lead the development of many high-impact product initiatives. We’re looking for a strong engineer who works well on a small team and is excited about the opportunity to have a direct impact on improving customer experience.
- Implement new features + functionality within Localize’s core product
- Build features and on the frontend within our React/Redux/Backbone SPA
- Develop REST APIs with Node/Express/Mongo that power the frontend SPA
- Be actively involved in product and architecture decisions
- Collaborate with other remote engineers and participate in peer code reviews
- Diagnose production bugs throughout the development cycle
Experience with these specific technologies a plus, but not strictly required
- Datastores: MongoDB (Mongoose.js ODM), Redis, S3
- Infrastructure: AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Route53, etc
- DevOps / Misc: Git/Github, Jira, CircleCI, Mocha
Experience and Qualifications
- 6+ years experience building, deploying and maintaining production web applications
- Experience building complex Single Page Applications
- Experience writing, maintaining and integrating REST APIs written in Node/Express
- Experience working with MongoDB and an understanding of common patterns and data structures
- Experience leading large development initiatives requiring collaboration + coordination with fellow engineers
- Enthusiastic about learning, working within, and architecting high impact products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits & Perks
You’ll be joining a close-knit and talented team, with plenty of opportunity for professional growth. We offer compensation + benefits that are on par with large companies, while also placing a high value on maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan + 4% matching
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Work anywhere in North America (we are 100% remote)
- Shiny new Macbook Pro 16” (or computer of your choice)
- Monthly stipend for home internet costs
- Generous PTO package
We are a growing team of 20 people working fully remote. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package, and growth-minded startup culture. Localize is a proud sponsor of open source projects such as MongooseJS and Mocha.
The Localize platform is used by 600+ companies to automate the translation of their web and mobile applications and bring their products & services to new markets at record speed. We help companies like Ahrefs to translate their website, NYU Langone Health to translate their urgent care scheduling page, and the University of Nebraska at Kearney to translate their international admissions page. To see our product in action, click any of those links and use the website's language switcher to switch from English to another language.