Who Are We?
Onfolio is a private company that manages a portfolio of online businesses across a broad range of verticals - each with a niche content focus.
We are actively acquiring new businesses for our portfolio, as well as growing the existing properties.
Earlier this year, we filed with the SEC for an IPO in the public markets. Our plan is a listing on the NASDAQ in the next 1-2 months.
What Are We Doing?
We're building 'discourse.'
Discourse is a publication which will educate, entertain and inform investors, entrepreneurs, and the curious about innovation, tech, and investing in online businesses.
Our goals for discourse:
- Re-imagine what it means to provide insightful articles on the trends and topics influencing the business world.
- Gather original research that answers our readers' questions and provides them with a basis to identify market opportunities.
- Interview experts and public figures who are changing the world in meaningful ways.
- Craft opinion pieces that get people talking.
What You'll Do
We are looking for freelance writers with a proven track record of producing well-written, well-researched articles.
Ideally, you have expertise in one or more of these topics:
- Buying websites
- Selling websites
- Domains and domain investing
- DAOs, Web 3.0, crypto and NFTs
- Content sites
- Affiliate marketing sites
- Digital marketing
- Growth hacking
You will write ~2000 word pieces that are accurate and information-rich. You need to add links to authoritative sources of information in the articles, to back up important points.
If you enjoy producing long-form content, you'll get the chance to write several pillar posts of between 3,000 - 7,000 words.
You may be required to interview business leaders and experts to generate relevant content for our audience. We'll start with our network, but you may have connections of your own to approach for their insights and information.
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a content writer.
- An understanding of on-page SEO and best practises.
- Sound knowledge of audience intent and keyword research.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You can follow instructions.
- You are a native English speaker. Your grammar is impeccable and your writing is well structured.
- You communicate clearly. You know how to give and receive constructive feedback.
- You meet deadlines.
- A sense of humour - because while business is serious, it's essential to have fun too.
Bonus points if you:
- Are a subject matter expert in any of the verticals listed above
- Have broader knowledge of business, finance, and investing topics
- Have experience starting or growing an online business
- Are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
We'll feed our best writers a steady stream of work. Writers looking for a consistent, long-term assignment should definitely apply.
This is a fully remote position, working directly with the company’s Editor in Chief. It works best if you have some overlap with Dubai time.
Most work will be assigned digitally via our team management software, but we'll schedule weekly one-to-one chats to answer any of your questions about our processes, your progress or your articles.
We pay well because we recognize talent when we see it. Articles will be paid by the piece, and according to the length and difficulty of the topic.
Our Hiring Process
Hiring quality writers is difficult - and very expensive if we do it badly. That's why we follow a set process, designed to qualify the best talent upfront.
- Send us your written application - see below for details
- If you're a good fit, we'll offer you a short (paid) test
- Schedule an intro chat with our Editor in Chief
- Sign our freelancers' agreement
- Get your first assignment
How To Apply
Please pay close attention to the instructions below. We will only consider applicants who follow this process.
If this is the opportunity you've been waiting for, send us a cover note telling us why you're interested in writing for discourse. Enter "I'm Impressive" in the first sentence of your application.
Remember to point out any special skills, qualities or experience you have, and use the words you can't ignore me in the last line of your letter.
Links to your LinkedIn or Twitter profile are appreciated.
You must provide three samples of your published content. We won’t open any links to Google Docs, Dropbox, Word documents or bit.ly links.
Please indicate your desired rate for a 2,000-word article.
We encourage you to reach out - even if you don’t meet all our criteria. If you’re a strong writer who's smart and driven, we’d love to hear from you.
Deadline for applications: March 18, 2022.