🎯 Our Mission
At Pulley, we are on a mission to make construction faster and more affordable. In the United States, we are short over 5 million homes, housing production is at its slowest pace in over 25 years, and in nearly 75% of the country, the average family cannot afford the median home price.
We’re helping construction teams break ground on new projects as quickly as possible through faster permitting. For new projects, permitting is a key bottleneck and an incredibly broken process — it’s different across thousands of cities, enforces over a million rules, and is still largely untouched by software.
If we can compress permitting times from months to hours, we can not only improve lives for millions of folks in construction, but we can also meaningfully increase the production of new housing, as well as office space, small businesses, badly needed infrastructure, and virtually all others types of construction.
👋 About Us
We are a small, fast-moving team passionate about developing tools for the built environment. Founded by Charlie Jacobson and Andreas Rotenberg, our team combines deep experience in real estate and construction with a long track record of engineering high quality software loved by millions of customers.
🏠 What We’re Building
We’re building the world’s first software platform for construction permitting — for any project, in any city. Our north star is speed; everything we do is in the service of helping our customers get their permits as fast as possible.
We’re working with some of the best developers, builders, and architects in the industry to permit new apartment buildings, office space, homes, and much more!
🧑💻 The Role
We are hiring founding engineers to join the Pulley team and help us accelerate our product development. As a founding engineer, you will get to:
- Help construction teams break ground faster
- Work directly with the co-founders on product strategy
- Build relationships with our customers
- Own products and features end to end
- Shape culture and help build the team
- Work with our existing tech stack (React, Tailwind, TypeScript, Vercel) & build entirely new systems from scratch
We are looking for someone that will:
- Thrive in ambiguity and define the right problems to solve
- Translate complex customer needs into impactful product solutions
- Pair with design to meticulously craft great experiences
- Architect overall systems while making sensible tradeoffs
- Quickly learn new technologies and frameworks
- Write great software and have fun along the way!