Highlights: Remote Work, 10% Travel, Professional Development, and Continuing Education Encouraged.
We are MicroConf, the largest online and in-person community for founders of bootstrapped (or self-funded) software startups.
We are looking for an Event Producer to help us create engaging, educational, and community-focused events (in-person, digital, and hybrid).
Why We’re Hiring
In addition to the dozens of events we host every year, we create educational audio and video content through podcasts, our YouTube channel, and social media. Our online slack community is approaching 3,000 startup founders.
We reach more than 100,000 entrepreneurs across our various brands and we’ve accomplished this with a team of two full-time people. We have reached a stage where we need to expand our events team to serve the needs of our community.
What’s Different About This Job?
We achieve surprising results with a small team. We have an impact on a tremendous number of ambitious software entrepreneurs. And we have fun doing it.
Under the direction of MicroConf’s Event Director, you take ownership of our twice-yearly MicroConf Remote digital event program, collaborate on our MicroConf Local regional program, and support our flagship conferences.
Event Production Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the leadership team, content team, and other key stakeholders to produce high-quality event experiences for our attendees.
- Responsible for conception to execution of our digital event programming (currently 2x per year).
- Overseeing and/or supervising all production aspects of assigned events.
- Venue and vendor sourcing.
- Responsible for adhering to event budgets and meeting targets.
- Manage attendee, speaker, and sponsor communications.
- Research content themes and speakers that align with the goals of our events.
- Oversee On-Site Support Staff (Registration, Photographers, Videographers, In House Labor)
- Provide on-site event staffing support as needed.
- Propose event marketing strategies and execute those strategies to achieve our attendance goals.
- Track and execute sponsorship deliverables for organizational and individual event sponsors.
- Create concepts for new events, creative initiatives, and opportunities for growth - we love to experiment!
- Manage the MicroConf customer support inbox.
International and Domestic Travel (10%)
- 5+ years of experience producing and marketing in-person events. 2+ years of experience producing and marketing digital events.
- Strong interest in working in the early-stage startup ecosystem. A plus if you already know of the MicroConf brand.
- Mind-blowing project management skills.
- Awesome communication skills and a passion for treating customers well.
- Ease working with cloud-based software tools.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and strong attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to drive results by working with a team, not solely following templates and checklists.
- Passport Required (International Travel)
- Based in North or South America.
Tools that are helpful for you to know:
- Event Registration Software (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Digital Event Platforms (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- GSuite (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Dropbox (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Notion (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Slack (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- E-mail Management Systems (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, let’s have a conversation.
Salary negotiable based on experience. Range: $50-70K. Health/Vision/Dental Stipend.