NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, NJ, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate.
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch thousands of top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox just to name a few.
At AppSumo, we believe work doesn’t have to suck. We love helping entrepreneurs build a lifestyle they’re passionate about. And that includes you.
The foundation of our culture is treating teammates like adults. This is a place where we actually encourage you to have a side hustle and develop your career at AppSumo. You’ll learn everything about starting and growing a business here—and get paid to do it.
We’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone. You in?
Why this is your dream job
This role is all about owning AppSumo’s email marketing flows. That means building and managing email flows for every stage of the marketing funnel. It is a unique role that requires creative thinking, attention to detail, cross-departmental collaboration, and a deep understanding of email marketing funnels.
- Building, managing, and optimizing automated flows, including, but not limited to, welcome series, partner onboarding, customer re-engagement, partner retention, and post-purchase
- Overseeing email-related projects, which consists of assigning tasks, making sure deadlines are met, and performing quality assurance checks on all deliverables
- Writing and proofreading copy within email templates
- Working with designers to ensure responsiveness and accessibility of email layouts
- Brainstorming, researching, and implementing automation strategies for the entire customer and partner journeys
- Performing A/B tests on elements such as subject line, CTA, layout, and content
- Crafting segments to target specific users and increase engagement
- Tracking and analyzing key metrics to identify areas for improvement
- Collaborating cross-departmentally to create unified marketing strategies
- Handling the setup and scheduling of dedicated promotional campaigns as necessary
- Updating documentation to reflect current and new processes
In the first three months of this role, success means taking complete ownership of our automated email flows and meeting agreed-upon goals.
- Extensive experience with email or lifecycle marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficiency in a dynamic, high-volume environment
- Ability to successfully manage and collaborate on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Dedication to meeting deadlines and submitting high-quality work
- A keen eye for detail in regards to design layouts, copy, and accessibility
- Experience tracking, analyzing, and reporting on key metrics
- Familiarity with Klaviyo
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Competitive pay—top 10% of the market
- Health insurance through Humana, plus vision, dental, life insurance, and mental health services for you and your loved ones
- 401(k) matching
- 100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
- Open vacation (PTO) policy (plan to make your Slack status a “🌴” at least one week per quarter)
Unique perks to take care of you:
- Freedom to have a side hustle (we don’t treat that word like it’s Voldemort)
- Free access to all the software and tools in the AppSumo marketplace
- An invite to our annual all-expenses-paid company trip (think Costa Rican Resort, not teambuilding at Generic Corporate Venue #84)
- Flexible hours that let you start late or take that midday power nap
- Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office in Austin
- Free lunch once a week, all the gear you need and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.