At GOJA, we create, acquire, and scale great brands on Amazon. Our people, the proprietary technology we develop, and our 12-years of experience have helped us become one of the best and most successful in the business.
The Director of Merchandising is responsible for driving the financial performance and developing strategies to increase sales, reduce costs, and drive conversion rate of newly acquired and existing product lines. It oversees and manages a team responsible for all aspects of the sales process, including price optimization, coupons and deals, customer communications, packaging/inserts creative, and SKU rationalization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives financial performance against goals – segment P&L and KPIs – sales, profit, growth.
- Creates annual P&L budgets (Revenue, AGM, PPC %, CMR) per assigned brand, and monitors the monthly & quarterly performance to reach target goals. Approve and modify monthly commitments for the products in coordination with the Category Manager.
- Leads development of priorities & execution against growth strategy for the assigned scope.
- Guides managers to effectively drive category KPIs with effective analysis & decision making.
- Understands and masters every aspect of the ecosystem in which products are selling (i.e., competitor’s landscape, industry’s landscape).
- Guides manager decisions on current product line(s) & product lifecycle including:
- Pricing, new products, current product optimization & obsolescence
- Uses data and category landscape knowledge to identify opportunities for new products and propose new ideas to PDO team. Work closely with the PDO team to maintain a product portfolio optimized for quality and costs. Accountable for the successful launch of new portfolio products.
- Utilizes data-derived insights to establish new product priorities.
- Troubleshoots, guides, trains, and mentors managers to succeed in day-to-day operations.
- Works collaboratively with and provides priorities to PDO, Project Management, and Marketing teams
Education & Knowledge:
- Previous position of Category Director or Senior Category Manager.
- 10+ years of packaged goods and/or e-commerce category management experience, ideally in corporate and startup environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
- Ability to develop metrics, analyze data quantitatively and identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Ability to balance strategic planning & operational execution.
- Knowledge of Amazon sales tactics, front & back end experience & execution to drive KPIs preferred. Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products.
- Fluent English.
- Position may require travel