What you’ll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
What is the role:
We are currently hiring a Director, Digital Assets to work within Digital Currency Group's newest subsidiary. The new subsidiary remains in stealth mode, but will be working with the world’s leading crypto, blockchain, and DeFi entrepreneurs and investors.
- Maintain a tight pulse on the technical innovation in the crypto market; need to be in-the-know with regard to changing trends around innovative protocol design, consensus mechanisms, scalability initiatives, network launches, upgrades, regulation, and more
- Partner with investment management and venture capital teams, leveraging your digital asset expertise to provide recommendations or diligence opportunities.
- Engage in time-sensitive research and development to identify opportunities to expand the firm’s support of different digital assets and bring new products to market.
- Develop ideas and programs to help promote awareness and interest for the firm’s digital asset offerings.
- Possess operational know how to properly transact on a variety of protocols, wallets, decentralized exchanges (”DEX”), and other crypto native systems.
What we expect:
- 10+ years of total experience.
- Direct professional or personal experience in digital assets and related topics such as cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and blockchain technology.
- Familiarity with the digital asset ecosystem, including index and data providers, exchanges, custodians, miners, new outlets, and beyond.
- Adept at synthesizing and concisely communicating nuanced ideas to investors and senior decision makers.
- Willingness to work in a startup environment, where you will engage in big-picture strategic thinking for new initiatives as well as the less glamorous tasks required in a new company.
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.