We are a well funded company with world-class investors. We are looking for passionate team members to join us in our journey.
All of our team members are 100% globally remote.
Why are we building Cerbos?
In software development, a huge amount of time and effort is expended on building and maintaining bespoke authorization for the system under development. Our vision is to remove that toil by building a full-featured authorization system that can be integrated into any project and evolves with it as requirements change. From prototype to planet-scale SaaS, Cerbos will grow and scale with your application and free developers to concentrate on your core product.
Why join our journey?
- We are striving to build a truly global, fully distributed company that embraces diversity and openness.
- Every new member that joins us will have a disproportionately large impact on our users, product, and business; as well as the culture and future of the company.
- Our founders have a great track record from working at global tech giants to building successful tech companies.
We value the following skills:
- Passion for creating a delightful, best-in-class experience for developers who are trying to address a hard problem.
- Humble, empathetic people who can work just as well independently and as part of a team.
- People who choose simplicity over complexity.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Developer Relations Manager
As a Developer Relations Manager, you will be the conduit between Cerbos and the developer community. You will be engaging with developers to discover pain points, suggest solutions, produce accessible technical content and help build an inclusive community of Cerbos users.
You will also take charge of creating and implementing a developer relations communication strategy which includes product positioning and community growth.
- Prior background in software engineering or developer relations.
- Experience in leading evangelism and content creation for great developer relationships.
- Technical insight to empathize, understand and solve problems. Great communication skills to share those solutions, ideas and best practices.
- Passion for contributing to open source communities: presenting at conferences, sparking debate, igniting conversations and reveling in the opportunities to engage developers at meet-ups, over discussion forums, chat and social media.
- Growth marketing mindset to find ways of increasing the adoption of Cerbos.