Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
We are looking for a driven corporate development analyst to help us accelerate our growth through mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships. This person will be an integral player in how we execute our corporate strategy, you’ll help evaluate and recommend how we accelerate growth via build vs. buy trade offs. You will analyze Thrasio’s strategic landscape, gather industry intelligence, and source, evaluate, negotiate and execute potential transactions as a key driver of growth.
Some Other Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting Thrasio’s growth through M&A, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships
- Identifying, assessing and executing inorganic growth opportunities across existing and new channels, markets and spaces
- The analyst will create/maintain a financial model for each respective target and work closely/coordinate activities with respective departments across Thrasio including Technology, Marketing, Operations, Legal and Supply Chain to review potential investment opportunities
- Working on cross-functional deal teams, evaluating deals, working closely with Legal on deal structuring, negotiation, and due diligence, and helping lead integration efforts for acquisitions
- Evaluating complex partnerships that provide the opportunity for strategic investment or eventual acquisition
- Monitoring the performance of previous acquisitions and minority investments
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of emerging trends and industry dynamics, serving as an advisor to internal stakeholders for insight on strategies/tactics to ensure competitive advantages
What You Bring to the Party:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, strategy and/or in-house on a corporate development team
- Exceptional financial modeling skills with advanced Excel knowledge
- Highly motivated, combining exceptional strategic thinking, superior executive communication skills, project management, managerial experience, good business judgement, and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Experience preparing board and executive level strategic, operational and financial presentations
- Excellent presentation/communication skills, with the ability to distill complex analyses into executive-level insights and recommendations