Content Manager Apprentice for Pet Company (We Train You From Scratch!)
Do you want a job that you can work from anywhere?
Do you enjoy working on your computer, and enjoy problem-solving and learning?
Do you have experience with or a desire to learn how to work with WordPress?
Do you know how to make websites look appealing, and how to drive online sales?
Do you love pets and other animals?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, keep reading. We have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are searching for a Content Manager Apprentice to join our enthusiastic and forward-thinking team to help manage and enhance our top-ranking websites—which receive millions of visitors each month!
This is a great springboard into the location-independent lifestyle and the type of opportunity that many seek when wanting to work remotely! We will teach you a highly sought-after and valuable skill set that’s not taught in schools – all while you get paid!
Please watch this quick video about the role:
A little about Pangolia:
We’re a hard-working, high-energy, diverse group of 95 talented individuals from across the globe. We’re a remote and international team on a mission. We help millions of readers every month and our audience is growing daily, and we also recently launched a new modern, high-end cat furniture brand that runs on WooCommerce.
We create super helpful websites for a range of topics like pet-ownership, home improvement, pools, optics, and more. Our pet magazine sites include PetKeen.com, ItsaFishThing.com, and others.
About the job:
You will work on the Content Team, which contains Content Managers and Content Posters, and an in-house Veterinarian. You will work closely with a team of Content Managers and will be responsible for overseeing, guiding, and publishing blog content across multiple WordPress sites, such as PetKeen.com and Itsafishthing.com, with the main focus on SEO optimization, user experience, quality control, and general organization.
We will train you from scratch with our video training material and one-on-one calls. Therefore, you’re not required to have previous experience with this type of work, but high attention to detail is a must. In the first line of your cover letter, can you please let us know why you’re interested in a remote work lifestyle? Experience with general research roles, project management, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and WordPress are a bonus in this role.
If you hit your goals consistently and are a great team player, you’ll be eligible for bonuses. There is also ample opportunity for fast advancement in the team and higher compensation.
Our business is ever-changing and evolving right now, and it’s a really exciting time to be a part of Pangolia! Check out our website at Pangolia.com for more information.
We’re looking to hire a full-time (40 hrs/week) remote team member who’s fluent or almost fluent in English. This may very well be the position for you if you:
- are detail-oriented (a must!) and organized
- have a can-do, ‘if I don’t know, I’ll find out’ attitude
- enjoy figuring things out without supervision and learning on the go
- enjoy working with spreadsheets and other organizational software
- are fairly techy (can quickly learn new online tools and feel comfortable on a computer)
- have a computer and access to the internet
- are familiar with GSuite, Zoom/Skype, and managing data in a systemized way
- can be just as comfortable sharing constructive feedback as you are at receiving it
- are good at coming up with solutions to problems yourself – we’re won’t feed you all the answers
Responsibilities of the job:
- Publishing articles & quality control - currently our team publishes about 200 articles/week across our sites (this means: ensuring all the written and visual content is up-to-scratch plus other SEO-oriented tasks)
- Website audits - going over newly purchased websites and fixing them up in terms of visual/written/SEO details
- Email marketing
- Idea generation - our business is constantly growing and evolving and you will play a main role in this
- Admin tasks
- Guiding new content creation - whether visual, written, or sometimes even video content
- Communications/coordination with other teams in the company
- $2500 USD/month with ample opportunity for advancement and higher compensation
- Eligibility for bonuses
- Flexible work hours
- Coworking space & coffee reimbursement
- Training from scratch (video training, one-on-one calls, and SOPs)
- Learn highly sought-after skills
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
- Work on a team of incredibly talented, diverse, and creative individuals
- 21 days PTO annually
- Public holidays in your country of residence
- Level up with a great, talented and exciting team
- Many more!
In addition to your written application and resume…
Please submit a short video (1 - 5 minutes) of yourself uploaded on Google Drive, explaining who you are, why you are right for this role, and any other relevant information you see fit. Filming it with your phone is fine. :)