€30k – €80k • 25.0% – 40.0%
Alquira is the new housing rental platform that comes to transform the relationship between tenants and landlords as we know it.This platform that combines services throughout the whole life journey of a rental process aims to bring peace of mind to both; tenants and landlords.
Our intention is to create a community of the best tenants and landlords that believe in transparency. This way tenants can have profitability with zero rental bails or deposits and saving methods to recover part of the rental and landlords can obtain efficiency and profitability with an all-in-one digital toolkit to professionally manage their properties.
How do we make it happen?
Alquira introduces a seamless functionality; a collaborative passport, that tracks the good behaviour of tenants and landlords and scores the best alternative so users can choose the option that best suits their needs. All of this with the purpose of making the whole housing search and rental process smooth and effective.
What's in it for landlords?
Alquira covers from the publication until the day that a tenant leaves the house. Includes classified ad portals publication, price advisory, calendar management, documentation requirements, contract formalization, rent default insurance, home repairs, legal issues, income tax return and cleaning for the home fine tuning for the next rental period.
What's in it for tenants?
Tenants can access a zero initial payment of the rental bail and deposits and also to short-mid term saving formulas for some part of the rental. In addition, Alquira mediates in repair conflicts between landlord and tenant, solving any issue and offering a wide range of services that will make the tenant's life much more comfortable around the household like cleaning, furniture, personal trainer, physical therapist, beauty sessions and so on.
Alquira is a new venture founded by Innomads (Grupo Forcadell, Anzizu, Arnal, Bourgeois, Amat, Masifil) and Byld, a corporate venture builder that designs, validates and launches new ventures with corporations. These partners, together with new strategic ones that have joined the venture - and future corporate partners - will be responsible for all the support and assets to guarantee the success.
About the Job
We are looking for an entrepreneurial business leader with experience in growth, community generation and technology, especially in platform business models. A digital first professional with experience in scaling up a company internationally and a management track record.
As a CEO, you will:
- Manage business & operations strategy and execution.
- Establish a clear company vision and direction, and define the overall strategy ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Build and manage a motivated team through an outstanding culture.
- Driving growth, profitability, company value as well as day-to-day operations.
- Lead the fundraising activities, both public (I+D+i) and private (corporate strategic partners).
- Manage our company’s position in the overall industry by partnership building and continuous market research on competitors.
- Be the public face for Alquira.
- Manage revenue, expenses, and external financing to maintain the consistent growth of the business.
- Owning the operational budget and managing burn rate.
- Keep the Board of Directors (Byld + Corporate Partners) informed on progress on strategic goals.
- Establish and take full ownership of the Go-To-Market plan and execution.
- Spot risks to new product lines or sales channels and develop relevant responding plans.
- Help with all technical issues raised by our clients, negotiating solution plans.
- Update marketing data gathering new business intelligence.
You are the perfect CEO, if…
- You aspire to create an innovative business that will change how the rental industry works regarding the unfair power asymmetry between tenants and landlords and roll it out on an international scale together with an amazing team and partners.
- You have an entrepreneurship mentality. Ability to think outside the box, to truly imagine and articulate a strategy to unleash the full market potential for the company. A self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative, sustainable operation. We value people who have tried it :).
- You can show experience leading the launch of best in class digital products.
- You have a proven track record in B2C businesses, startups and people management.
- You have experience building and scaling organizations at Series A-B companies.
- You can think strategically and operate successfully together with the rest of the team.
- You are “coachable”, adaptable and have strong leadership skills.
- You have relevant and strong sales skills.
- You have a proven track record managing a P&L.
- You have experience hiring and retaining a good team.
- You have empathy. You’re a good guy (that’s something really important and directly related to the success of our ventures).
- You feel aligned with leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all. Experience leading a team, with willingness to invest in coaching and development of your team members.
- You hold exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills in both Spanish and English is a must.
- You have knowledge of the real estate industry or prior experience with property managers, build to rent companies, proptechs or any other actors in the industry is a plus.
We are the perfect fit for you if you’re looking for a dynamic and friendly environment. We can also offer you:
- A competitive salary once we secure funding with our corporate partners.
- A strong equity package (25% - 40%).
- Commitment and support of Byld’s liquid building team.
- Experienced, motivated and multidisciplinary team and board of directors.
- The possibility to create a huge network within the startup and corporation ecosystems, being part of projects with big companies with a global impact.
- A potent methodology and ability to launch new ventures that has given us the possibility to reduce risks in every venture we embark ourselves on.
- Be part of Byld’s family: a team of teams that is either able to make pizza, prepare coffee or build the next unicorn.