At Ankorstore, we believe that local independent retailers have a great impact on the soul of our cities and villages, and we believe that they will flourish even more if they are provided with great tools and exceptional shopping conditions. With this in mind, we are building the largest marketplace that connects authentic European brands with thousands of independent retailers. We are extremely proud to be able to support these amazing entrepreneurs every day.
Ankorstore was founded in 2019 and has recently closed a $100 million Series B funding. We’ve grown our headcount 10x in the last 6 months, from 40 people to over 400, and plan to continue scaling strongly.
We’re moving fast to build the best products for our brands and retailers. In 2022 we plan to triple our engineering team by hiring at least 150 new technical roles. We plan to deepen our expertise in the backend, frontend, mobile, infrastructure, and other areas to help us build out our platform.
What you will do as a Back-end Engineer at Ankorstore
* Collaborate with the Product and Design team and other engineers to find and build the best solutions to our Brands’ and Retailers’ problems.
* Implement new features and solve issues on our core product, writing maintainable, scalable, and well-tested code
* Review pull requests made by other engineers and provide feedback that everybody can learn from
* Share knowledge with your colleagues and learn from them
* Help us to define and follow the best engineering practices
* Provide support for the code you ship
We work with modern versions of PHP and Laravel, but you don’t need hands-on experience with these as long as you’re open to learning something new.
Worth mentioning, that we’re at the beginning of the transition phase towards a Service-Oriented Architecture, so there’s a high chance that we’ll be introducing new frameworks and libraries to our technical real estate.
To give you an idea about what our backend engineers are working on: loyalty program, catalog management system, payments, invoicing, and taxation, shipping, recommendation engine, automating processes, and many more.
Ankorstore tech stack
Back-end: PHP 7.4, Laravel 8
Front-end: Vue.js, Typescript, Vuex, sass, webpack
Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, Algolia
Tools: Github, CircleCI, New Relic, Sqreen, Sentry, Notion
Why you should join Ankorstore
* It's a once in a life-time opportunity to join one of the fastest growing European startups
* Our ambitious, mission-driven team is backed by proven VC funds (Tiger Global, Bain Capital)
* We have strong values, and international culture and work in English only
* Our environment is highly dynamic, we're scaling quickly and currently at a stage where you will be able to shape the future of the organisation
* We have strong people-investment values and offer many exciting career opportunities, locally and internationally.
* Our compensation and benefits are competitive in the market
* We offer the possibility to work remotely, in the office or hybrid across many countries in Europe
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
* Ability to solve complex problems in simple ways
* Being a pragmatic and autonomous team player, knowing how to adapt to a rapidly evolving work environment
* Practicing good software engineering practices around clean code, reviews, and testing
* Understand performance, security, and scalability
* Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
* English workplace proficiency
* Bonus Points: you’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft!
* 1st call with the Talent Acquisition Partner
* 2nd call with the Technical Team
* 3rd call with the Engineering Manager