SJF Ventures is a venture capital firm that seeks superior returns by investing in high-growth, positive impact companies. The firm has been at the forefront of impact investing since 1999, backing visionary entrepreneurial teams working in clean energy and climate tech, circular economy and supply chain, mobility and govtech, sustainable food, health, education, future of work and enterprise software. SJF closed its fifth fund at $175 million in early 2021 and has $435 million in total assets under management. Please see [ for more information.
Analyst, Portfolio Acceleration Position
SJF Ventures is looking for an analyst, portfolio acceleration to join its team in its New York or Durham office to support the firms diverse array of portfolio and impact acceleration initiatives. This individual will report to SJFs director, portfolio acceleration as well as work with the broader investment team.
Representative Responsibilities Will Include
- Assisting in portfolio-wide support to drive positive company performance in areas like marketing and sales, recruiting, employee engagement and public relations.
- Helping to organize and manage SJFs impact data collection process with active portfolio companies. This work includes finalizing metrics, analyzing submitted information, managing SJFs impact dashboard, identifying impact initiatives, reporting on impacts achieved and completing LP reporting requests in partnership with the SJF team.
- Authoring impact reports and case studies that highlight SJF portfolio companies.
- Helping SJF design and manage collaborative impact acceleration projects with portfolio companies. These bending the curve initiatives will include 2-4 larger projects per year, in addition to lighter-touch, ongoing support to portfolio companies. Responsibilities will also include a focus on collaborating with companies on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion practices and efforts.
- Supporting SJFs marketing efforts to build awareness of SJF and its portfolio to drive deal flow, portfolio success and a recognition of positive impact business models. This work includes establishing new relationships with reporters, enhancing SJFs social media and press presence, authoring quarterly SJF newsletter bulletins, adding news articles to the SJF website and aiding portfolio companies on PR efforts.
- Assisting in finance and administrative tasks for effective fund operations. These will include support in the quarterly reporting process for SJF Limited Partners, ongoing investor relations work and preparatory work for SJFs sixth fund.
- Helping advance research and public policy initiatives relevant to SJFs mission and portfolio companies. These efforts may include broader collaborative work with industry associations like the Impact Capital Managers network.
- Degree(s) with relevant studies, service and internships.
- One to three years of experience in relevant fields, including impact investing, venture capital, private equity, investor relations, management consulting, public-sector or non-profit work, impact investing industry-oriented associations or organizations, entrepreneurial assistance or start-up companies in SJFs sectors of focus.
- Exceptional analytical, writing and communication abilities, which have been demonstrated through work, publications, service and academic and career accomplishments.
- Interest in building a career in deepening and broadening the positive societal and environmental results from impact investing.
- Self-starter, able to initiate projects and work independently.
- Strong project management skills.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume using the link below. SJF Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.All candidate interactions with the SJF team will be through the Workable job application platform. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.