At Ankorstore, we believe that local independent retailers have a great impact on the soul of our cities and villages, and we believe that they will flourish even more if they are provided with great tools and exceptional shopping conditions. With this in mind, we are building the largest marketplace that connects authentic European brands with thousands of independent retailers. We are extremely proud to be able to support these amazing entrepreneurs every day.
Ankorstore was founded in 2019 and has recently closed a $100 million Series B funding. We already have over 400 employees and want to continue to scale strongly. We are convinced that proximity is key to bring the most of our value to our business partners and this is why we want to build a team of talent in London.
About your role
As an Account Executive your #1 mission will be to hunt for the best brands in the UK to add to our catalogue. This is a key role for our company’s success, through your work, you will be growing our offer and allow our retailers to continuously source for their favorite brands to buy. You will be reporting on the below tasks:
- Pitching new brands and growing our catalog : You will have a dedicated lead portfolio to follow and track to make sure you get the best conversion rates. You’ll work closely with the growth team to target opportunities.
- Onboarding : You will work closely with the content team to assist your brands in integrating their products on Ankorstore and will make sure they get the best experience for their first weeks on the platform
- Improve : You will work closely with other account executives as well as the UK GM to iterate on our processes, sales strategy and tactics to always be the most efficient possible
- Knowledge sharing : You will contribute to bringing knowledge and product feedback to your manager to continuously improve our product experience and gain acquisition
The experience we require
- At least 1/2 years of experience in a Sales role, preferably in the tech environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The 5 most important qualities to succeed in this role
- Doer, closer who never takes no for an answer
- Ability to adapt perfectly to its audience - can you pitch Ankorstore to a variety of different profiles?
- You can manage multiple relationships at a time and work in a high pace environment
- You are very comfortable with tech and learning new tools (Hubspot is a plus)
- You are curious and share empathy for the brands you speak with : you love talking to people
Other qualities that would add value
- Knowledge of the wholesale or retailer industry
- Data driven : you know how to track your results and see how to get better
- Experience working in a fast-growing tech environment
- Working with a very ambitious & mission driven team backed by powerful VCs (Tiger Global, Bain Capital)
- Strong values, a real purpose-driven company, in an international environment
- A highly dynamic environment in a fast scaling company at a stage where you will able to shape things autonomously and participate to the future of the organisation
- A real playground for development with exciting career opportunities, locally or internationally, with strong mentors
- Location - London, closest tube station is Oxford Circus
- Flexible working - we operate a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in the office
- Salary - £36,000 base, £44,000 OTE