Every day we have the chance to meet outstanding entrepreneurs who are shaping the future and changing the world. We get the privilege of discussing the next technology trends, building conviction around ideas we believe in and supporting founders in their ambitious journey. Creandum has backed Europe’s largest category leaders such as Spotify, Klarna, Trade Republic or Bolt. We are currently expanding our team in Berlin — here we need your help! 💚
It’s a unique opportunity to take a key senior (Check Writer) role in one of Europe’s leading VC firms and cooperate with stellar entrepreneurs and fellow investors from the European and American Venture Capital industry. In addition, you will build an extensive network and learn about new products, technologies, and exciting business models.
And yes, if you enjoy skiing as much as we do, we do that from time to time as well.
Your role within the firm
As a Principal in Berlin, you will be part of Creandum’s global investment team. You will be an instrumental part of finding, evaluating and backing the most ambitious startup across Europe and the US.
We are a small, fast, and ambitious team, and you will be a core part of it.
- There are various definitions of a “Principal” in the VC industry. At Creandum a Principal is a senior role with large responsibility. You are a “Check Writer” that leads deals and supports companies in their journey, often as their board member. You will drive the whole deal journey — from first meeting, to due diligence and through closing — and ensure that our service level towards entrepreneurs is exceptional.
- You are a senior team member, partaking in the responsibility of ensuring the leadership for the team in the Berlin office
- You build out the Creandum network and enable us to find the next Spotify, Klarna or Trade Republic at Seed or Series A
- You represent Creandum at conferences and events with founders, CEOs and other stakeholders of the ecosystem — and towards the press
- You holistically analyse startups from business plans and markets to industries and technology trends
- You help the fund to win the most competitive deals in the DACH area and beyond
- You are part of a thriving, global and fun team, which will support you to grow professionally
Creandum is a ‘promote from within’ firm. 6 out of the 8 partners at Creandum initially started as Associates, Investment Managers or Principals — this could be the same for you. We foster progression in the firm.
- Growth mindset: You’re proactive, self-motivated and most importantly, fun to work with. You distinguish yourself from others through your eagerness to learn and ability to integrate easily into new settings. You love building new relationships with entrepreneurs, investors and other stakeholders and have a strong service mentality to support entrepreneurs in any way you can.
- Analytical grip: You will analyse businesses and evaluate investment opportunities, you have strong analytical skills as well as a holistic business understanding.
- Communication: Given the dynamic nature of our operations, you stay cool under pressure and maintain confidence when interacting with stakeholders of all levels — internally and externally. You shine through professionalism.
- Leadership: You take responsibility not only for your work, but for ensuring the entire team thrive as we push boundaries together. As a senior team member, you feel responsible for mentoring colleagues and show an entrepreneurial spirit when it comes to running a venture firm along with the partners.
- Ownership: You will be part of a fast-paced environment, which is why extreme ownership of topics and exceptional organisational abilities are key for your success.
- You bring a minimum of 5 years experience from in a startup, tech or investment firm (e.g.VC, PE, angel investing). We welcome a mix of different experiences but look for people with a genuine passion for the startup world.
- Flawless command of the English language is a must, German is a plus but not a hard requirement.
- The position is Berlin-based, so you’re open to a move to this great city (if you don’t live here already). Creandum is happy to support you with any relocation.
Candidates can come from all types of background — we welcome and encourage a diverse range of applicants. We believe in equal rights and opportunities for all people regardless of social identity such as gender, race, ethnic origin, nationality, and sexual orientation. Internal advancements, and opportunities are awarded to anyone solely based on merits such as competence, relevant experience, and performance.