Tales is creating a modern publishing platform. We connect creators to data, upgrade their monetization, and give them the tools to create new storytelling formats. Think Roblox for storytellers. Join us and together we’ll democratize the creation and publishing of stories, building the next Netflix powered by creators in the process.
This role is the first marketing hire at Tales; you'll be stepping into the founding CEO's shoes. You'll be both crafting our messaging and acquiring users for our platform. Your words and ideas will create interest in our platform and inspire storytellers about what's possible; from our website to mobile app to forums to social channels. You know how to acquire and grow the userbase for just about any company but you prefer to do so for a company that you share similar missions and values.
- Branding & Messaging: Identify target demos and craft messages that introduce Tales to each segment. Tales can do a bit of everything and we need to make sure our messaging is on point.
- SEO & Community: We're building a presence of the best creators and stories out there. You'll have plenty of material to craft winning SEO and retention strategies.
- Ads: Organic growth will only get us so far. Our app monetizes well and you'll be taking advantage of that LTV to target profitable segments for our mobile app.
- Creativity: Great marketing starts with innovative core material. You can take something complicated and make it ordinary or take something ordinary and make it magical.
- Logic: You're not just coming up with wild ideas. You understand the math behind measuring your creativity. Spreadsheets and no-code tools are your jam.
- Experience: Must have grown live, commercial, web & mobile projects.
Top Five Reasons You Should Join Tales
- Mission: Only 5% of published fiction is written by people of color. We’re democratizing access to publishing by removing the traditional gatekeepers.
- Innovation: Build content creation tools creatives have never seen. Top creators from TellTale, BioWare, Wattpad, and Twitch have already started creating original franchises on our platform.
- Impact: Be the hero of creators who will be able to make a sustainable living on our platform. When they succeed in creating household names, you’ll know you had an integral part in bringing that to life.
- Upside: Being an early team member means you get to shape our journey in meaningful ways. Economically, you’ll own a piece of a more engaging and democratized version of Kindle or Netflix.
- Fun: The journey may be long but you’re working at the intersection of media and technology. This isn’t a payment processor (nothing wrong with that if that’s your cup of tea – but here there be games!).