Private equity funds have long been one of the most attractive investment opportunities, outperforming public market benchmarks, like the S&P 500. But these funds have also been difficult or impossible to access, especially for individuals. Onerous paperwork, high investment minimums (~$10m) and difficulty picking a fund have all been hurdles that kept individuals out. Institutions, or a select few, have consistently dominated access. Enter Moonfare.
Moonfare is revolutionizing access to private equity using a fully digital platform that provides qualified investors access to selectively vetted top-performing funds within 15 minutes and at minimums as low as $60,000. Moonfare provides investors with innovative reporting and the potential to trade their stakes in funds using our Secondary Market. We are introducing never before seen transparency and liquidity to private equity, and with our ongoing expansion across key markets in Europe and Asia, we are enabling investors around the world to reach further.
The Moonfare team brings together individuals with a wealth of different backgrounds, from leading investment and private banks and private equity fund managers to disruptive tech startups, leading newspapers, and top law firms. Moonfarians strive to keep growing and want to challenge the status quo while working as a team to deliver innovative solutions and the Moonfare vision.
Funds Operations Manager
We are seeking Moonfare’s first Fund Operations Manager to be based in New York. Reporting to the Head of Fund Operations, you will be pivotal to Moonfare’s Fund growth in the US.
Moonfare is building the world’s largest community and marketplace for smart investors who want to access the premium benefits of investing in private markets without the institutional commitments. The Fund Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Moonfare’s investment vehicles and driving key projects to help us excel operationally and provide our investors with a first-class investment experience. The Fund Operations Manager will own the day-to-day management tasks of our feeder funds, take responsibility for new projects, including automation and platform development, and assist in the management and mentoring of our junior staff.
- Coordinate day-to-day tasks of the analysts
- Execute day-to-day tasks and manage service providers
- Preparing and executing board meetings
- Managing capital calls and distributions between our investors and funds
- Quarterly reporting, tax reporting, FATCA/CRS
- Involvement in product development for US or general ops features
- Handling requests from investors, financial authorities and service providers
- Product development tasks on user side
- Coordinate operational and tactical meetings
- Project management
- Low travel requirements (Canada, Delaware or Berlin, but once in a while)
The next Moonfarian:
- Bachelor or Master in a relevant field
- Experience at VC/PE/RE fund manager/administrator
- Experienced manager from other financial industry (Audit, Transaction Advisory) with PE knowledge also encouraged to apply
- Experience mentoring a team (beneficial)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with database system (preferably eFront, FIS Investran, Allvue, or other fund admin or portfolio management tool)
- Project Management (Jira e.g.)
- Excellent work ethic
- Structured way of working
- Hands-on attitude
- Attention to detail
- Positive mindset
Invest in yourself:
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas, make decisions and have impact. Participate in our equity program and share in our success.
- Transparency: Everyone at Moonfare is updated regularly on strategic progress, KPI tracking, product updates and changes.
- Growth: Not only will you grow in your role, but you also have access to an individual growth budget of $2000 or 2% of base salary (whichever is higher, FTEs only).
- Flexibility: Work on your terms, by leveraging our hybrid-office arrangement.
- Diversity: Our Diversity Committee ensures we hold ourselves accountable and continuously improve our D&I initiatives.
We understand the important role that diversity plays in our success. Different backgrounds, experiences and ideas push us further and raise the bar. We’re committed to developing an inclusive and safe culture where everyone, regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, sexuality, disability, marital status, citizenship or gender identity, knows that they are an integral part of the team and can bring their full potential to their work.